Updated on April 1st, 2012
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Agreement with The IRC Company, Inc. (“The Company”). If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document The Company may suspend or terminate your account.
The Company’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for The Company Services is designed to help protect The Company, The Company’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by The Company. The Company reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time.
Prohibited Uses of The Company Systems and Services
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through The Company’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on The Company’s servers, is prohibited. The Company accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by The Company customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any The Company-hosted domain, or referencing any The Company account, is prohibited.
4. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
5. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
6. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
7. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any The Company customers or end-users by any means or device.
8. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the The Company network or on another provider’s network.
9. Using The Company’s Services to interfere with the use of the The Company network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each The Company customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from The Company, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an The Company customer will be forwarded to the The Company customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the The Company Acceptable Use Policy occur, The Company reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating The Company’s AUP as The Company deems appropriate, without notice.