Does your company offer DDoS mitigation to its customers?
The Availability Assurance Partner Program, or (AP)², is a partnership between Black Lotus and a provider of internet presence, such as hosting providers or datacenters, that enables the provider to offer DDoS mitigation services. (AP)² is different from a reseller program as it allows established internet presence providers the ability to add DDoS protection to their portfolios at zero capital expenditure, without establishing in-house mitigation methods, and without a minimum commitment.
Grow revenue, mitigate risk, be a hero
When your customers are under DDoS attack, they will look to you for the solution. Will you be ready? It is a fact that very few internet presence providers are ready to effectively handle DDoS attacks on behalf of their customers in a manner that is low risk, technically sound, and lives up to the customer’s expectations. Even the most technically advanced companies often lack the resources, human capital, and patented techniques to mitigate zero day DDoS attacks. Fail to meet the customer’s expectations, and they will look elsewhere for protection, thereby impacting your company’s reputation and often resulting in a loss of revenue.
A matter of greater importance is the protection of your own network. When your high risk customers are protected through the (AP)² partnership, the risk of DDoS attacks against your network is significantly diminished. With less attacks, you pay less in bandwidth, your engineers have more free time, and your customers enjoy better uptime. You will be a hero to your customer, and with zero commitment margins of 50%, you’ll be a hero to the bean counters too.
Zero commitment margins: There is a free lunch.
Your position as a respected network operator places you in the unique position of choosing to avoid DDoS attacks or mitigate them. With most partner programs, you have to give up your customer for a small margin of another company’s profit. With reseller programs, you’re often required to commit to high volumes before you can realize ROI on the project. More often than not, the result is that you, the network operator, has to subsist by avoiding DDoS attacks, by any means necessary.
The (AP)² program is different. There are no upfront fees, there are no minimum commitments, and there is no capital expenditure. The process is simple: Qualify for participation and begin offering DDoS protection to your customers. When you make a sale, you keep your customer, and you profit. ROI is achieved instantly.
There are numerous options when it comes to protecting your network and offering DDoS protection to your customers. Accordingly, one might ask: “How is (AP)² different?” Our key differentiator is our unique partnership approach. We allow you to keep your customer and provide whitelabel DDoS protection services by remotely deploying cloud based solutions under your own IP space and your own brand name. When it comes to your valuable customers, it isn’t always best to share. Your customers will enjoy the best possible pricing on enterprise grade DDoS protection solutions while you earn substantial margins on some of the following services:
- Static or BGP networks to protect entire IP networks. With static tunnels, traffic is permanently announced at Black Lotus prior to being scrubbed and sent forward to your protected network. With BGP tunnels, traffic can be announced as needed to defeat DDoS attacks against your BGP speaking network. Additionally, BGP tunnels can be used to offer a regulatory compliance service by providing DDoS mitigation and optional hardware firewall services.
- HTTP and non-HTTP service proxies which allow you to scrub DDoS attacks and Layer 7 application attacks, such as HTTP GET, at a Black Lotus proxy prior to forwarding traffic to your network or any other web server, anywhere in the world. HTTP service proxies in particular are protected by our patent pending Human Behavior Analysis technology which uses heuristics to understand legitimate HTTP request patterns and deliver only legitimate human users to the back end web servers. This technology is intelligent enough to effectively defeat any HTTP GET attack or similar attack, prevent scraping of websites, and shutdown illegitimate scanning or systematic crawling of sites not performed by a known legitimate search engine bot.
Becoming an (AP)² partner
Acceptance into (AP)² is restricted to established providers who meet specific requirements:
- (AP)² partner must operate an internet hosting, IP transit, or similar service and own a multihomed BGP network with public IP allocation and autonomous system (AS) address issued by a RIR such as ARIN, RIPE, APNIC, etc. or the (AP)² partner must be an owner/operator of a carrier neutral datacenter facility providing interconnection services.
- (AP)² partner must be able to provide a minimum of /24 IPv4 or /48 IPv6 space from their RIR assignment to be used in conjunction with DDoS protection services. This space would be announced to, or originated by Black Lotus (AS32421) in the course of providing DDoS mitigation to mutual customers.
- (AP)² partner must have sufficient Tier 1 and 2 technical support, available 24/7/365, by e-mail and telephone. Technical support must consists of technicians and engineers capable of providing front line support for web applications, internet security services, and routed GRE tunnels. Typically, a (AP)² partner should have Cisco or Juniper certified engineers on staff.
- Participation in (AP)² requires a monthly maintenance fee of $250.00 per month.
For hosts not meeting the (AP)² program requirements, there are still options for partnering with Black Lotus and offering DDoS protection. Consult with a Black Lotus team member today about extending DDoS protection services to your network and service portfolio.