We’re just now recovering from another exhausting, yet rewarding and busy week at HostingCon 2011. This event is always full of fast paced, high impact networking and a ton of exhibits featuring the latest in hosting technology.
This year was particularly exciting as we began exhibiting the Black Lotus MitigationPro by IntruGuard for the first time ever. Not only did we put it on display, we removed the lid. You might ask, “Why is this significant?” No other DDoS mitigation vendor is showing off the engine. We’re so confident that MitigationPro is the highest performance DDoS mitigation appliance on the market that we’re showing our friends, customers, and fellow vendors exactly why. Hemant Jain of IntruGuard Devices, our manufacturing partner, was also on hand to assist in giving technical demonstrations and Q&A sessions.
Almost forgot: MitigationPro is not only the highest performance DDoS mitigation appliance available on the market, but also the lowest cost with an entry point starting at below $12,000 per 1G. Our competitors are offering inferior technology at price points of $20,000 – 60,000 per 1G. At these rates, your capital expenditures could easily reach over $1M for even a small network!
On August 9th and 10th, we gave our guests a first hand look at the technology, keeping our message very simple:
- MitigationPro is available in 1G and 5G to 10G models (by special order), filtering at full line rate without performance impact. Network traffic is switched transparently on a custom engineered FPGA, allowing DDoS mitigation to occur with maximum efficiency. Network traffic never touches the management logic allowing MitigationPro to stay resilient during even the worst of attacks. Our competition begins to lag as traffic increases, especially during complex attacks.
- Black Lotus leverages IntruGuard Device’s network behavior analysis (NBA) to mitigate DDoS attacks at Layer 3 through Layer 7, ensuring zero false positives. This is accomplished through a unique method of inspection where network behavior is stored and attacks are compared against historical behavior. When fine tuned thresholds are breached, DDoS mitigation rules are applied to filter traffic only against the resource under attack.
- MitigationPro is a multi-tenant appliance. Competing appliances apply the same rate limits and signature based mitigation rules to all traffic. This has a tendency to cause false positives and degraded performance across the network. MitigationPro only filters resources that are known to be under attack.
- Black Lotus offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) by selling DDoS mitigation appliances as low as 81% less than our nearest competitors, while providing full management preventing your company from needing to have experts on hand or allocate additional human capital to solution management. MitigationPro is even 25% less expensive than other IntruGuard appliances.
- With the Hybrid DDoS Mitigation Solution, a benefit unique to Black Lotus, you own your DDoS mitigation infrastructure, however, Black Lotus provides optional full management and remote DDoS attack and network health monitoring. When predefined alert criteria is met, Black Lotus will execute your emergency action plan and, if required, will offload multi-10G DDoS attacks to the Black Lotus DDoS Mitigation Cloud via load balance proxy or generic route encapsulation (GRE) tunnel.
Ping! Zine released a comprehensive review of MitigationPro in their HostingCon issue which was available at the convention, noting that MitigationPro:
“… is powerful, reliable hardware that works within existing infrastructures to provide robust DDoS defense. In tandem with the possibilities of the Black Lotus Cloud, MitigationPro is part of a hybrid solution that could save your server from devastating damage.”